15 Mar 2010

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Sing "The Last Song"


TeenHollywood interviews Miley and Liam

TeenHollywood
: Miley, "Hannah Montana" is finishing Season Four. Are you moving on to films?

Miley: Right, now, the Disney Channel is airing one of the last episodes of Season three and now we're finishing up Season four so a new chapter is beginning. What's been my life for the last five years is ending so it's interesting to be leaving my security blanket behind but also it's exciting getting involved with this movie and making me want to just continue to work and do more films.

(We had a) complete ending for Season three and now we think our show deserves that too. It's such a huge, big deal in so many kids' lives that I think they don't want to see reruns forever. They want a really respectful ending and it really deserves that because it's been such an amazing journey.

TeenHollywood: So, I guess no more "Hannah" movies?

Miley: No. "Hannah Montana" and the wig is (she whistles) out! As soon as that last episode is over, one will be in a museum and one will be burned or something because I can't put it on again. It's just too much.

TeenHollywood: What aspect of your character Ronnie do you relate to the most?

Miley: I was glad I got to have some part in (playing) music in the film. It wasn't necessarily singing which is what everyone always wants to put me in. 'Let's give her a singing role' and I didn't necessarily want to do that. I didn't want that to always be the thing that I lean on.

But, I definitely relate to the music and working with animals was really cool, just things that were a little bit of me in the character but also different. But, I think that the music was probably the main thing I related to.

TeenHollywood: What is going on with your music?

Miley: Right now I'm just finishing up my record. My record will be out towards the end of the summer and I'm really excited about that because I feel like after doing this film, it was kind of a test for me to decide what I really wanted to do.

I love making movies and that's what I want to pursue. It's not that I don't love music. I love music. If every film could have a part (for me) with music I would (do it). But I feel like I need to get away from that for a little while and it's another thing that is kind of my security blanket and I don't always want to fall back on that.

I feel that the music industry is so contrived and so political right now, I people stepped away and said 'we're not gonna work like this. It's more about our art than the politics, I feel like it would go back to be respected again. Right now, I feel like it's lost a lot of respect and I'd rather be in an industry where I feel like I can be different and do things that really inspire me.

Read the full interview here

Thanks @jacquelinerose7

No comments:

Post a Comment