(click thumbnails to view HQ)
Miley kicked off her Gypsy heart Tour in Quito Ecuador last night (April 29) and looks like it was nothing but a hit with fans and parents alike.
Live tweeting from the show was someone from Ecuadorian newspaper Hoy who kept us updated throughout the whole show with twitpics and the setlist.
You can see all of his twitpics (LQ) here
It was also confirmed Miley's show in San Paulo will be recorded for DVD, so we will all get to see it in a decent quality eventually.
The full setlist for the show went as follows:
Party In The USA
Kicking And Screaming
Joan Jett Medley (I Love Rock N' Roll, Cherrybomb and Bad Reputation)
Forgiveness And Love
Fly On The Wall
(3?) Cover Songs - One being Nirvana's' Smells Like Teen Spirit'
Can't Be Tamed
Cover of Stevie Nicks's 'Landslide' (Acoustic)
Take Me Along
Two More Lonely People
(Encore + Final Costume Change)
See You Again
My Heart Beats For Love
Who Owns My Heart
Check out videos from the night in this post (being updated throughout the day)
Some highlights from the night:
- Miley said "Thanks, this is the first concert of this tour ... What better place to be."
- Miley cried during Obsessed - which she said was because she's really happy and the song means a lot to her.
- The reporter said "Miley is a true star." Fans are VERY pleased with her performances so far!" and that "the parents have the biggest smiles on their faces bc they see their kids having such a blast."
- Miley said that it's hard being on the road because she misses her family, and her little sister and dedicated her cover of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit to Noah.
- at the end of the concert Miley told fans "Its been a great opening show, I've had many good memories here in Quito, some amazing moments, thank you all for such an amazing time"
MileyCyrus: Honestly I can't believe my first show is already over. Amazinnggg. This crowd was beyond incredible. I cried my eyes out. so touched. ILY
AnCaShoRT: What an amazinggggggg experience.. @MileyCyrus you killed it tonight love u girl :o)
melodyLAC: OMG! what an amazing experience! 40,000 people. i was almost in tears listening to that crowd! thank you @sonyatayeh and @MileyCyrus !!!
MileyCyrus: @melodyLAC i love you =] we are all beyondddd blessed. i am so thankful to have all of you in my life x
melodyLAC: @MileyCyrus i'm really in tears now! YOU WERE UNREAL TONIGHT!!!!!!! xoxoxo lila would have been so proud of you!!!
sonyatayeh: WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS HOW WONDERFUL I FEEL ABOUT THE GYPSY HEART TOUR. MILEY YOU MELT MY HEART, DANCERS YOU CONSTANTLY AMAZE ME. SO HAPPY!
Jtalarico: the opening night was amazing to say the least. i cried a few times. i couldn't be more happy. :)
Jtalarico:@MileyCyrus thank you for yet another special memory! i love you more then words.
mikeschmid: Beautiful, emotional first show. Quito, you were incredible. @mileycyrus you blew our minds. Exhilarating. Does it get any better?!?
MileyCyrus: I can't wait for the next show! LIMA HERE I COME =] You got tough competition ECUADOR was freakingggg amaz!
Miley's next stop is Lima, Peru on Sunday, May 1st. Are you ready Peru?!
pic source 2