14 Feb 2010

The Media Bullies Miley.


Miley Cyrus thinks the media "bullies" her.

The 17-year-old singer-and-actress claims she is often the focus of "nasty" news reports, and has compared it to schoolyard bullying. Miley is now used to dealing with the "cruel" comments, but admits it is still upsetting to read "horrible" gossip about herself.

"The nasty things people write about me is a different form of bullying, but sometimes it feels like I'm right back at school," Miley explained. "It's horrible when you see nasty things written about you, especially when so much of it is made up.

"People see me differently because I'm in the public eye. They see me on TV and think that nothing like bullying has happened in my life, but it has."

Miley says focusing on her successful career helps her cope with the unfounded gossip. Every time she reads something negative about herself, she just thinks about all the good things that have happened to her which makes her feel immediately better.

"I get through bullying by focusing on my dreams. When I see nasty things written about me, I just think about all the positive things in my life," she told Top of the Pops magazine. "I focus on my work and I think to myself, next week, I'm going to London, Paris or Italy. Just think about whatever makes you happy."

Source Stuff.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment