27 Feb 2010

Bret Michaels not apologizing for ‘Nothin’ to Lose’ ft. Miley Cyrus


Bret Michaels says he has nothin' to apologize for about "Nothing To Lose," his new song featuring Miley Cyrus. In the country-rock ballad that went online Thursday, Cyrus, 17, harmonizes as Michaels, 46, croons about a bad romance: "We both know better than this/Still we can't resist/Slowly get undressed." In the sensual chorus, they sing together: "Won't you fall down on me/So close I can feel you breathe."

In an exclusive interview Friday, Michaels tells USMagazine he's gotten "75 texts" about the scandal that blazed the web late Thursday. "I was like, 'What the f*ck is going on?' Everyone's going nuts!"

Miley wanted to remake his gritty classic "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" for her next album, with the elder rocker as her producer. When the teen phenom recorded "Rose" in a New York studio with her mother Tish standing by, Michaels played them "Nothin' to Lose" during a break.

What about, you know, that "slowly get undressed" stuff? "I never sat down and said, 'Look at the content. Look at the lyrical content,'" Michaels admits.

In his defense, he adds that "the part where it says she slowly gets undressed, Miley says, 'Yeah she does.' It has no reference to her and I. It's not even a duet."

"As God is my witness, there is nothing I have to be defensive about," he says. "I'm a good Dad. I just thought it was a beautiful song. "

He adds that he and Cyrus are mutual fans of each other. "Her first concert ever was Poison. Now I take my kids and they go see her play. It's awesome!"

Thanks @jacquelinerose7

No comments:

Post a Comment